Let’s be honest here – business products lack sex appeal. This is why social media promotions in the B2B industry can be particularly tricky, which is an opposite undertaking within the B2C industry.
Below, I’ve compiled facts and statistics from Spotlight Communications, which will help you and other B2B leaders understand your next moves in building head-turning sexiness to your social media platforms.
Top 5 Social Media Must-Knows To Help Build A Sexy Presence
1. You must invest in social media
In order to reap the benefits of social media, you need to invest in it. According to Spotlight Communications, B2B companies who utilize social media are aware of this; 85% of leaders rely on social media marketing to create exposure; 69% use it to boost traffic; and 65% swear by social media marketing to provide them with marketplace awareness.
In particular, social media campaigns are necessary for brand awareness, to acquire “brand evangelists” and to gain trust from their customers, according to 83%, 56% and 55% of B2B leaders respectively. Coming in on the lower percentages are utilizing social media as an outbound marketing channel (32%) and enhancing brand perception (22%).
2. You must understand which platforms are best for your B2B marketing
As reported by Spotlight Communications, the following are the top 4 platforms used by B2B companies:
- Twitter (85%)
- LinkedIn (82%)
- YouTube (77%)
- Facebook (71%)
Delving deeper into Spotlight Communications research, LinkedIn, Twitter and Pinterest are necessary to use when researching prospective purchases, correspondingly among 40%, 19% and 19% of B2B leaders. However, regarding the “active use” of a social platform, the top 3 include Facebook (90%), LinkedIn (47%) and Twitter (53%).
When it comes to distributing content through social media, LinkedIn reigns among 83% of B2B leaders; Facebook and Twitter both tie in at 80%. However, Pinterest is useful only among 26% of B2B leaders.
Did you know…
- When a CEO communicates via social media platforms, its more likely that his or her employees will feel trust towards their company. This is according to 82% of employees in the B2B industries.
- Two-thirds of small businesses publish Facebook posts more than once on a weekly basis; 90% of small businesses claim they use Facebook.
- Approximately 6% of B2B companies found new customers via LinkedIn.
- Twitter’s a powerful force in the B2B world. According to Spotlight Communications, B2B leaders who use Twitter generate twice as many leads in comparison to B2B leaders who don’t utilize Twitter.
3. You must use LinkedIn…
Especially if your company is in this list of top industries on LinkedIn:
- Consumer commodities
- Recreational activities
Here’s proof that LinkedIn is a reliable marketing platform: 83% of marketers deem LinkedIn as their top tool for distributing B2B content. LinkedIn is also necessary for B2B companies to rely on for generating sales and gaining new customers; the percentages are 57% and 45% respectively. However, coming in at a surprise is that only 47% of B2B marketers admit to using LinkedIn on an active basis.
Did you know…
LinkedIn is THE top professional networking site, according to 60% of Internet users. In fact, 26% of Fortune 500 CEOs have LinkedIn profiles. Also, it’s been shown that small and medium-sized B2B companies with a minimum of 50 Twitter followers see interesting results. These companies build twice as Internet leads directly from social media marketing compared to larger companies.
Please see the full infographic below:
More Business articles from Business 2 Community:
- Does Your Company Give Mobile Content Marketing Enough Attention?
- Christmas Marketing Ideas For 2013
- How Do You Know If Your Copy Is Any Good? (My 4 Step Process For Copy Testing)
- Other Than LinkedIn, Why Are B2B Marketers Still Unsure About Social Media?
- How To Do Conversion Optimization With Very Little Traffic?