We produced this infographic exploring the recent trends for teenagers related to Facebook and Social Media. We all hear anecdotally about the movement of teens to other (often mobile-centric) Social Media platforms.
So what did we discover?
- For Facebook North American active users numbers are declining
- The average age of Facebook users has risen from 38 to 41 years old
- The number of Moms getting on Facebook is rising sharply
- Teens are increasingly going mobile and Facebook is not their favorite app
- There are a lot of hot, new apps like Kik Messenger, WhatsApp and SnapChat that are grabbing the attention of teenagers
It’s all displayed below for you in this “hot of the press” infographic. Enjoy and feel free to share or embed using the code below the infographic!
So what’s your take?
Will teenagers increasingly abandon Facebook and move to other Social Media sites? Will Facebook’s focus on mobile stop the exodus?
Note: Additional credit to Katherine Lajkosz and Mathew Kallechy at Social Lantern
More Social articles from Business 2 Community: